The Robben Island Museum has a dedicated Education Department. Among its many activities is the facilitation of subsidised school tours.
||Maximum 125 LEARNERS PER SCHOOL PER YEAR
||Maximum 10 EDUCATORS PER SCHOOL PER YEAR
||R60 per learner
||R120 per educator
||R120 per learner
||R230 per educator
General terms and conditions:
- School tours are available from 1 March - 15 July 2009 and from 15 August – 15 October 2009.
- School tours depart at 10:00 and 14:00 daily during normal weekdays.
- School tours are carried on the historic vessels: Susan Kruger and the Dias.
- All the bookings must be made on the school’s letterhead and be signed by the principal.
- Bookings should be made at least 30 days in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Payment should be made at least 7 days before the voyage date.
- A comprehensive passenger list of all learners and educators must be submitted prior to departure for safety reasons.
- Schools that wish to bring more than 120 learners per year may do so at the normal rates.
Terms and conditions for non-fee paying schools:
- Non-fee paying schools must submit a letter from the department confirming the school’s status.
- No more than 5 voyages per week may be booked by non-fee paying schools.
Terms and conditions for all other schools
- More than 5 voyages per week may be booked by fee-paying schools.
Fax: 021 411 1059 Tel: 021 409 5250
Adult Educational Group Bookings
Contact Details: Vanessa Mitchell